Q. Why are there so many fad diets?
A. People are always looking for a quick fix to lose weight fast. The more bizarre the better! (Examples: grapefruit, cabbage, banana)
Q. Why don’t fad diets work?
A. People expect the diet to work as fast as it was advertised. They are hungry, impatient, or frustrated and give up.
Q. How do rewards sabotage your weight loss?
A. You lose a couple of pounds, then reward yourself with chocolate cake! 2 steps forward, then 3 steps backward does not achieve your goal!
Q. Why do dieters fall off the wagon?
A. They starve themselves all day, then go into a feeding frenzy at night.
Q. How can I release unwanted weight successfully?
A. Check your mindset, beliefs, and attitude first! Do you really want to? Do you believe you can? Do you have an attitude of success? Will you make a commitment to yourself?
Maintain Nutrition and Optimal Health:
- Eat a balanced meal plan with adequate amounts of all the nutrients your body needs.
- Follow your meal plan to the letter. Eat 3 balanced meals a day.
- If you are hungry between meals snack on 1 cup of fresh vegetable of your choice,
- or ½ cup of tree nuts/seeds, or 1 hard-boiled egg. Skip rich desserts. Your dessert is 1 piece of fresh fruit.
- Drink 8 glasses of pure water a day.
- Exercise for 1 hour according to your fitness level.
- Stop eating at 7:00 pm.
Don’t quit until you have reached your goal weight. And when you have…
Don’t go back to eating the foods that caused the weight gain to begin with!